Michael and Catherine have been covering Concierge and Direct Pay Medicine for the last 7 years and share their best stuff including the effects of the ACA on Concierge Medicine and Direct Primary Care, what a failed transition looks like (and how to avoid it) and the most successful marketing tactics and strategies for launching and growing a direct pay practice.
Listen to This Show and Learn:
- The 4 key differences between Direct Primary Care and Concierge Medicine.
- The first and most essential step before transitioning (that has nothing to do with business or medicine).
- The impact of the ACA on Concierge Medicine and Direct Primary Care.
- What percent of consumers say they are interested in direct pay physicians over traditional, fee-for-service providers.
- The future of specialists in a concierge world and what the easiest specialties are to transition.
- An example of how NOT to transition your practice and the result of a failed transition.
- Some of the most common examples of failure in moving to direct pay and what you can learn from them.
- What happens to physicians who attempt to transition into a direct pay model and fail?
- Why you should (and how you can) define success for your practice.
- The most successful marketing tactics Michael and Catherine have seen for building DPC and Concierge practices and how to tailor them to your geographic area and your strengths
- Strategies and tactics for approaching self-insured employers
- The biggest opportunity for direct pay physicians to rapidly fill up their practice
- Concierge Medicine Today
- The Direct Primary Care Journal
- The Concierge Medicine Research Collective
- Article on Franchising DPC or Concierge
- Resources from Concierge Medicine Today
- Resources from the Direct Primary Care Journal
- The Concierge Medicine Event