In today’s episode, Taylor talks with Dr. Jon Izbicki of Izbicki Family Medicine in Erie Pennsylvania. Dr. Izbicki transitioned his traditional primary care practice into a DPC model just over a year ago and has been growing at a rate of 25 patients per month since.
Strung out as a physician and feeling unsatisfied, Dr. Izbicki’s transition to a direct pay model has re-invigorated him and his practice. In today’s show he discusses the emotional details of his transition, how he uses Facebook to bring in new patients, and the exact analogies he used to explain direct primary care to his patients.
Listen to This Show and Learn:
- Why going to a direct pay model saved Dr. Izbicki’s traditional practice and professional integrity.
- The financial realities and risks of transitioning and why it’s essential you be emotionally ready.
- Why the existing health care system violates fundamental laws of economic and hurts family physicians.
- How to explain paying for primary care to you existing patients.
- How to negotiate advantageous cash pricing for your patients at local providers.
- How to use Facebook to bring in 25 new patients per week.
- The American Express analogy that helps small business owners understand direct pay medicine.
- The 3 things all patients want in their physician.
- Dr. Josh and Dr. Doug from Atlas.MD
- Quest Diagnostics
- Marcus Welby
- Dr. Iz’s article in U.S. News
- Izbicki Family Medicine
- @DoctorIz on Twitter
- Izbicki family medicine on Facebook